Did you know over 90% of people who try to make money online fail? That means 10% or less of the people who begin there online marketing journey succeed. But why? What are they doing that everyone else isn't? I won't sit here and act like I came out the gate making thousands of dollars. In fact, I failed at first too. You want to know why I failed at making money from home at first? I was listening to the wrong people. I bought plenty of "software" and "training courses" but nothing worked like it said it would. I stopped buying all of those "get rich over night" $47 courses and started using my common sense. I know common sense isn't that common now-a-days but the formula is pretty simple. Keep reading this article until the very end so you will know exactly what it takes to make money.
1. Brand Yourself - What do you mean brand yourself? Your name is your brand. You are your brand. Your reputation is your brand. Regardless of whatever you are promoting, you need to promote yourself first. The company or service you promote could tank tomorrow but you will still have your brand to support you. What does that mean? You can go out tomorrow and start promoting something else because you have built a trust with people and they will follow your footsteps no matter what you do.
Tip: I do not recommend promoting products or services that suck for a quick buck. If majority of the reviews you see online are bad then don't promote it. You can and will tarnish your reputation doing that.
2. Promote Products With High Commissions - Pretty much everyone who get's started online making money usually has a goal of making $30,000 per month or higher. Well, that means is you need to make at least $1,000 per day. In the beginning, I was told that I needed to sell 33 Clickbank products to make that much. I was having trouble make one sale a day so how was I going to make 33 in one day?! That seemed impossible. The commissions on Clickbank are usually between $20-$30 depending on the product. One day, I said to myself, what if I promoted products that pays me at least 100% commission or more? That would means I wouldn't have to sell as many to meet my goal. Well, I was right. I promote companies that pay me from $80- $900 per commission. My logic will work better for you, trust me.
3. Build your email list - Instead of trying to find new leads to sell too, you should be developing a following/list of people to sell to over and over again. I'm sure you have heard by now that "the money is in the list". It's absolutely true. In order to build an email list, you need an auto-responder as well as a lead capture page. The auto-responder will collect the emails as well as follow up with your leads automatically. You will need a page to put the auto-responder on and that is called a lead capture page.
4. Focus on QUALITY and TARGETED traffic - Unless you are getting traffic from SEO (Search Engine Optimization) then quality traffic can be very expensive. I'm not talking a trip to the hospital expensive but you aren't going to get quality for $10. I don't care what anyone says on that. Targeted traffic from real people is the difference between making money and not making money because they are the people who are looking for what you have to offer.
5. Have Multiple Streams of Income - Never... EVER... Ever... depend on one source of income; especially in online marketing. Companies flop, disappear or get rid of their affiliate program all together. I see it happen all of the time. I personally have 4 different sources of income. You will see links to 3 out of 4 of them at the end of this article. Have you ever noticed when people lose their job, they panic? That was their only source of income. They put all of their time into that job so now they have to scramble to find something new. It's the same thing with internet marketing. Don't depend on one company to sustain your income. Multiple checks coming in is also nice. Instead of having 1 to 4 checks coming in a month, I have 8+ coming from everywhere.
6. Make a Website - I'm sure at some point you've been told that you do not need a website to make real money online. However, you were told that by a person who has a website. Ironic huh? You need to make a website and it needs to look good. People need to be able to get in contact with you, know that you're knowledgeable as well. WordPress websites have blogs attached to them so it knocks out two birds with one stone.
Making money online is not rocket science but it does take common sense! Promote products that pay more so you don't have to sell as many to profit, build your list of quality subscribers, brand yourself, drive targeted traffic to your website and have multiple ways to get paid. It's pretty much that simple. If you have questions, please leave them below.